I turned 28 yesterday. 28 years of existence, growth and experiences on this planet. Work has continued to be chaotic but I managed to have a peaceful birthday. As I look back, here are 28 lessons I’ve learnt, realised or can advocate is true (at least for me):
- Time is your most limited resource in the world. You can’t buy more of it and you can’t get any of it back.
- Respect cannot be commanded, it needs to be earned.
- To be a good leader, you must also be a patient follower.
- Being kind triumphs over being smart.
- Karma exists.
- If something will not matter in 5 years, do not spend more than 5 minutes brooding over it.
- You can learn from anyone, they need not be older or wiser than you.
- Nothing is good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
- Money will not solve your real problems.
- You cannot please everyone.
- If you are in good health, you are more lucky and gifted than you think you are.
- There is no shame in not knowing.
- Perspective is everything, the right perspective can make or break you.
- Never take anything for granted.
- Your education does not end with your degrees.
- Positivity is a choice, and so is happiness.
- Envy consumes itself. If you give it a foothold in your life it will consume you too.
- Sleep is our wonder-drug, in moderation. Your mind needs it as much as your body.
- Forgiveness benefits both the receiver and the giver.
- Change is constant, and that is not necessarily a bad thing.
- Friends come and go and that’s alright.
- You cannot change people but you can bring out the best in them.
- To be interesting, be interested.
- Do not assume malice.
- Flexibility to time, place and person is a virtue. Your dogmatic habits will harm only you.
- Your nutrition is everything. Start adding good food and good books to your diet. It will result in a happy body and mind.
- If you don’t believe in yourself, it doesn’t matter how much others do.
- Live and let live.
I am eager to know how many of these you can relate to and also if you have any lessons for me.
Also, this week I came across an interesting tweet about money and the lies we are told about it. I feel it is worth the read. Here it is:
Anujeet’s book journey
Currently I am reading:
Anxious People – Fredrick Backman
Aggregate, the weekly quote
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the one’s we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.
- Barak Obama
Harmony, the weekly song
Serenity – David Garrett
Enjoyed the read? Consider subscribing to my newsletter, ❄️ Freezethawed, to get a weekly update on thoughts pondered upon by me, insights I’ve been exposed to and may be some interesting facts I’ve encountered – delivered straight to your inbox. Click here: ❄️ Freezethawed: The Newsletter